Public Safety Telecommunicator 1, 7th Ed., Virtual Classroom #57793 - (APCO Members receive an additional $20 discount for a final cost of $349 at checkout for this course only)
August 17 21, 2020
Fee(s):This registration has a fee.
Description:Ideal for training the new-hire or as a refresher for existing staff,
APCO’s PST1 course covers the basics skills, knowledge and abilities every
successful public safety telecommunicator needs to meet the demands of this
Students successfully passing the final exam receive APCO Institute
certification demonstrating completion of a training course that meets and
exceeds industry accepted national basic training standards, including the
APCO/ANS 126.96.36.1995 and NFPA 1061 2014 Edition.
Building on foundational topics such as communication skills, call taking
and radio techniques, the PST course blends in the most up-to-date information
on technology and work-related issues in public safety communications centers.
“Hot” topics include NextGen 9-1-1, emerging technologies, continuing ed., and
Training modules include:
- Introduction to Your new Career
- Interpersonal Communications
- Telephone Communications Techniques: Call Processing
- Telephony, Traditional Technology
- Next Generation 9-1-1
- Telephony: TTY
- Telematics and Collision Notification Systems
- Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) and Related technologies
- Radio Communications Techniques
- Radio Technology
- Call Classifications
- NIMS Incident Command System
- Liability Issues
- Preparing for your New Career (stress management)
APCO Institute certified Public Safety Telecommunicators are required to
recertify every two years. Complete information on the recertification process
is provided at the conclusion of the Public Safety Telecommunicator 1, Seventh
Edition course. Recertification requires ongoing continuing education.
* You must be a current Associate, Full or Commercial member to receive member discounts on all courses. Online members receive member discounts on online courses only.
** Virtual Classroom Requirements and Expectations
Late fee $25 (applied 10 days prior to course start date)
Tuition includes a comprehensive course manual and all certification fees.
Additional shipping fees may apply for international shipments.
Tuition for live courses does not include travel, lodging, meals or other costs. Online class tuition does not include web access fees or other local internet/web-related costs. Successful students will earn APCO Institute certification.