Social Media and Public Safety Communications: The Positive and The Negative Webinar #45764
March 14, 2017
Fee(s):This registration has a fee.
Recorded from live webinar on March 14, 2017
RECORDING: This webinar will examine the use of social media in public safety and the relationship between its use and the effects upon the communications center. It will:
Provide students with an understanding of:
- Various social media sites and their uses
- The benefits of social media in public safety
- The detriments of social media in public safety
- The telecommunicator’s role in social media application
Describe the use of social media for:
- Public education
- Recruitment purposes
- Crime prevention and crime solving
Explain the telecommunicator’s ethical use of social media as it relates to their job duties.
Presenter: Debbie Gailbreath