Communications Training Officer, 6th Ed. Update, Online #60884
April 6 26, 2022
Fee(s):This registration has a fee.
Description:The APCO Communications Training Officer 6th Ed. Student Update course is designed to bring current CTO 5th Ed. students who received their CTO certification prior to 2022 current with the new 6th Ed. release.
Changes to the CTO 6th Ed. program include:
Students taking the update course will independently review and familiarize themselves with the changes found in the Communications Training Officer 6th Ed. course, then complete a final quiz based on the new material. The student must score 80% on the exam. Each student will earn 2 CDE's upon successful completion of this course.
- Content has been rewritten, revised, and updated throughout to align with the 2017 APCO/ANS 3.101.3-2017 Core Competencies and Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Communications Training Officer (CTO)
- Many topics are new or updated from CTO 5th Ed.
- New introduction and new Mod. 8 – Future of the Workplace
- New PSC community created for CTO 6th Ed. Students
- Expanded section on DORs, how to fill out
- Providing performance feedback to trainees
- Reformatted and expanded videos, including new content
- Student resource package now incorporated into textbook
- Real-life words of advice and tips from experienced CTOs included
- New practical exercises added to the course
- New PowerPoint aligned with content in CTO 6th Ed.
- Newly designed textbook in line with other APCO course manuals
APCO CTO 6th Ed. certificate-holders are required to recertify every two years. Recertification requires ongoing continuing dispatch education (CDE) from training related to public safety communication. For CTO 6th Ed., the requirement is 12 CDE credits per certificate-year for a total of 24 CDEs at the time of recertification.
Free for current CTO 5 students.
Students will work at their own pace. The class will remain open for 3 weeks. Instructors should anticipate two (2) hours of commitment to complete this update. Certificates will be issued once class has ended and been closed out.
Continuing Education Credits:
The course earns 2 CDEs, upon successful completion.