Apr 03, 2023 - Apr 07, 2023
Ideal for training the new-hire or as a refresher for existing staff, APCO’s PST1 course covers the basics skills, knowledge and abilities every successful public safety telecommunicator needs to meet the demands of this critical work.
Students successfully passing the final exam receive APCO Institute certification demonstrating completion of a training course that meets and exceeds industry accepted national basic training standards, including the APCO/ANS 220.127.116.115 and NFPA 1061 2014 Edition.
Building on foundational topics such as communication skills, call taking and radio techniques, the PST course blends in the most up-to-date information on technology and work-related issues in public safety communications centers. “Hot” topics include NextGen 9-1-1, emerging technologies, continuing ed., and liability.
Training modules include:
- Introduction to Your new Career
- Interpersonal Communications
- Telephone Communications Techniques: Call Processing
- Telephony, Traditional Technology
- Next Generation 9-1-1
- Telephony: TTY
- Telematics and Collision Notification Systems
- Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) and Related technologies
- Radio Communications Techniques
- Radio Technology
- Call Classifications
- NIMS Incident Command System
- Liability Issues
- Preparing for your New Career (stress management)
CDEs Earned: 40
APCO certified PSTs must provide proof every two years of 48 hours (24 hours per certification year) of Continuing Dispatch Education (CDE). Complete information on the recertification process is provided at the conclusion of the Public Safety Telecommunicator 1, 7th Ed. course. Recertification requires ongoing continuing education.
||Contact us for pricing
||Contact us for pricing
* You must be a current Associate, Full or Commercial member to receive member discounts on all courses. Online members receive member discounts on online courses only.
** Virtual Classroom Requirements and Expectations
Late fee $25 (applied 10 days prior to course start date)
Tuition includes a comprehensive course manual and all certification fees.
Additional shipping fees may apply for international shipments.
Massachusetts Registrants: Registration fees vary, depending of the number of course registrants. Fees will be adjusted at the start of the course, and you will receive a refund or revised invoice if necessary. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition for live courses does not include travel, lodging, meals or other costs. Online class tuition does not include web access fees or other local internet/web-related costs. Successful students will earn APCO Institute certification.