Nov 03, 2021 - Nov 23, 2021
Students must have completed any previous version of the APCO CCS student course.
The APCO Communications Center Supervisor, 5th Ed. Version 1 update course is designed to bring anyone that has completed APCO’s Communications Center Supervisor (CCS 4th Ed.) prior to 2019 current with the 5th Ed., Version 1 release.
Changes to the CCS 5th Ed., Version 1 program include:
- Content has been rewritten, revised and updated throughout to align with the 2017 APCO/ANS 3.102.2-2017 Core Competencies and Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Communications Supervisor
- New discussion on various pathways of transition to supervisor
- Evolution of the supervisory mindset
- New discussion on areas of general knowledge for CCSs
- Employee Engagement
- Supervisor’s Role in Technology in the ECC
- New discussion on team building
- Expanded and revised discussion on standards, accreditation, and certification
Students will independently review the updates to the Communications Center Supervisor 5 course and complete knowledge checks and a final quiz based on the new material. The student must score 80% on the final. Each student will receive 2 CDE's upon successful completion of this course.
CDEs Earned: 2
Beginning with the new CCS 5, APCO certified CCSs must provide proof every two years of 24 hours (12 hours per certification year) of Continuing Dispatch Education (CDE). Complete information on the recertification process is provided at the conclusion of the Communications Center Supervisor 5th Ed., Version 1 course. Recertification requires ongoing continuing
$30 Institute Online
(No transfers, refunds or cancellations accepted)
Online: 3 weeks
Students will work at their own pace. The class will remain open for 3 weeks. Students should anticipate two (2) hours of commitment to complete this update. Certificates will be issued once class has ended and been closed out.