APCO Institute's Communications Training Officer Course certifies experienced telecommunicators to train and evaluate new trainees in a one-on-one training situation. APCO Institute's CTO Program has been successfully implemented in hundreds of agencies nationwide. Now in its Fourth Edition, the materials are easier to teach and available for your agency instructors.
The Communications Training Officer Instructor Course teaches the best CTOs to teach others. Upon successful completion, the CTO Instructor will be able to train CTOs with APCO Institute materials. CTO Instructors will also be able to help build and maintain the CTO system. In the classroom, the CTO Instructor will explore the important elements of effective CTO programs, and will learn to incorporate these elements into an agency's CTO program.
Upon successful completion, your CTO Instructor will be able to:
- Condensed review of the Communications Training Officer course
- The Instructional Process
- Simulation Design
- Testing and Evaluation
- Utilizing Lesson Plans and Student Materials
- Train new one-on-one trainers in a classroom environment
- Create effective simulations
- Create valid and reliable tests and other evaluation tools based on course objectives
- Understand civil and criminal liability issues as they pertain to the trainer
- Design and use instructional media
- Foster skill development through practical exercise
Communications Training Officer Course 5th Edition
Minimum one year experience in a public safety communications center or a telematics or 3-1-1 call center.
APCO Institute certified Instructors are required to recertify every two years. Certified instructors will be issued a recertification package upon completion of this course.
* You must be a current Associate, Full or Commercial member to receive member discounts on all courses. Online members receive member discounts on online courses only.
Late fee $25 (applied 10 days prior to course start date)
Tuition includes a comprehensive course manual and all certification fees.
Additional shipping fees may apply for international shipments.
Tuition for live courses does not include travel, lodging, meals or other costs. Online class tuition does not include web access fees or other local internet/web-related costs. Successful students will earn APCO Institute certification.