APCO Institute Illuminations
APCO Institute’s Illuminations Program is an annual subscription-based service that allows you to obtain topic-specific, at-your-desk continuing education.There are multiple Illuminations tracks available to subscribers. Registration for each track is priced separately. You may subscribe consecutively to as many tracks as you like. All Illuminations Program courses are offered online and are taught by APCO Institute Adjunct Instructors.
Illuminations – General Track
This track offers a wide range of monthly topics of interest to anyone in public safety communications. Subscribers earn one CDE for each session completed.
- January: Traffic Stops and Vehicle Pursuits
- February: What Types of Communications Centers Are There?
- March: Chemistry
- April: Tactical Dispatch
- May: "I've Been Robbed!”
- June: Gunshot Detectors
- July: Response to Mass-Causality Incidents
- August: Emergency Location Service (ELS)
- September: Locating people
- October: “MAYDAY/SEND BACKUP – I NEED HELP NOW!”
- November: Legalize It
- December: Law Enforcement Specialty Units
Illuminations – EMD Track
EMD Illuminations includes monthly topics of particular interest to emergency medical dispatchers, although the track is open to anyone. Subscribers earn one CDE for each.
- January: Special K
- February: Biological agents
- March: Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and the EMD
- April: Batter Up
- May: It’s Allergy Season!
- June: Current trends in narcotics
- July: Tuberculosis
- August: Karate Chop
- September: Managing the Call
- October: Friday Night Lights
- November: Stabbing
- December: Psychiatric problems
Illuminations – CTO Track
CTO Illuminations enables communications training officers and others a chance to delve into specific topics that impact training and continuing education in the comm center. Because each topic is offered quarterly, students have the chance to explore in more detail complex topics that cannot be sufficiently addressed in a month-long session. Subscribers earn three CDEs for each quarterly session completed.
- January: Tightening Your DOR Category Definitions and Evaluation Guidelines
- April: Achieving Standardization Thru Calibration
- July: Relevant Documentation of Trainee Performance
- October: Feedback and Counseling for Your Trainee
Illuminations – Instructor Track
The Instructor Illuminations Program provides at-your-desk continuing education for APCO agency instructors and others interested in topics about teaching and learning. Because each topic is offered quarterly, students have the chance to explore in more detail complex topics that cannot be sufficiently addressed in a month-long session. Subscribers earn three CDEs for each quarterly session completed.
- January: True Grit - Resilience in Instruction and Learning
- April: Learning Analytics - Data-Driven Instruction
- July: Individualized Learning - Tailoring training to fit the learner
- October: Managing Anxiety - Yours and Theirs
Cost Annual Subscription (per student):
(No refunds, transfers, or substitutions allowed for this program)
- $99 (Non Member)
- $89 (APCO Member Price)
- $79 (Group of 26-50 registrants)
- $69 (Group of 51 and up registrants)
APCO Institute is committed to bringing you affordable, quality training and education. Please take the opportunity to try out this new learning medium and invite a co-worker or two to join you!
Illuminations - CTO Track #57105 - Procrastination
Illuminations - CTO Track #57104 - Training Under Stress
Illuminations - EMD Track #57111 - Agonal Breathing
Illuminations - EMD Track #57110 - Ear Pain
Illuminations - EMD Track #57109 - Lions, tigers, snakes, oh my!
Illuminations - EMD Track #57108 - Edema
Illuminations - EMD Track #53721 - Improving Patient Care
Illuminations - EMD Track #53720 - High-Risk Abdominal Pains
Illuminations #57095 - Never Stop Learning
Illuminations #57094 - Fire Calls
Illuminations #57093 - Fusion Centers and Intelligence Gathering
Illuminations #57092 - Same call - A different Perspective
Illuminations #53709 - Domestic Terrorism
Illuminations #53708 - IPAWs