Law Enforcement Communications, 1st Ed., Online #60528
February 2 March 15, 2022
Fee(s):This registration has a fee.
Description:Effective communications is a critical component of law enforcement service operations. The telecommunicator provides the vital link between citizens and law enforcement responders. APCO Institute's Law Enforcement Communications, 1st Edition course is a vital component in our training selection, by improving service to the caller and increasing safety of the responders. This dynamic course covers the terms, techniques and guidelines required for excellence in law enforcement call handling and radio dispatching.
Although there is no pre-requisite for the course, it is recommended that registrants for this class have successfully completed a 40-hour formal basic instructor-led telecommunicator training program.
Check My Prerequisites
Check Staff Prerequisites
The course manual contains numerous photographs and illustrations to bring the course material to life and serves as an excellent reference source once back on the job. Instructional resources include study guides (with audio and video clips), role-plays and scenario-based training materials.
- The Role of Law Enforcement
- History of Law Enforcement and Law Enforcement Communications
- Law Enforcement Organizations, Operations, Vehicles, and Equipment
- Classification and Prioritization of Crimes
- Law Enforcement Telecommunicator: Overview of Role and Responsibilities
- Law Enforcement Call Processing and Dispatch Procedures
- Law Enforcement Incidents: Crimes against Persons/Property/Vehicle and Highway
- Communications for Pursuits and Officer Needs Help Incidents
- Next Generation and Emerging Communications Technology
- Law Enforcement Communications and Counterterrorism
- NIMS (National Incident Management System)
APCO Institute certified instructors who successfully complete this course can upgrade their instructor certificate to teach this dynamic course in-house for the cost of the course books only!!
Instructional media and exercises used throughout the course reinforce the knowledge attained in lecture and demonstration. If taught by your own APCO Institute certified instructors, it becomes an economical way to train your staff at your own pace and introduce or review agency specific policies
CDEs Earned: 32
APCO certified LECs must provide proof every two years of 24 hours (12 hours per certification year) of Continuing Dispatch Education (CDE). Complete information on the recertification process is provided at the conclusion of the Law Enforcement Communications, 1st Ed. course. Recertification requires ongoing continuing education.
* You must be a current Associate, Full or Commercial member to receive member discounts on all courses. Online members receive member discounts on online courses only.
Late fee $25 (applied 10 days prior to course start date)
Tuition includes a comprehensive course manual and all certification fees.
Additional shipping fees may apply for international shipments.
Massachusetts Registrants: Registration fees vary, depending of the number of course registrants. Fees will be adjusted at the start of the course, and you will receive a refund or revised invoice if necessary. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition for live courses does not include travel, lodging, meals or other costs. Online class tuition does not include web access fees or other local internet/web-related costs. Successful students will earn APCO Institute certification.