Oct 20, 2021 - Nov 09, 2021
Students must hold a current CCS 4th edition Instructor certification
The APCO Communications Center Supervisor, 5th Ed., Version 1 Instructor update course is designed to bring current APCO Communications Center Supervisor, 4th Ed. Instructors current with the 5th Ed., Version 1 release..
enrolled in this course will participate in class with those learning to teach
in other disciplines as well. Course content includes general instructional
theory and techniques, as well as specific strategies for teaching APCO’s
Communications Center Supervisor course.
Changes to the CCS 5th Ed., Version 1 program include:
- Content has been rewritten, revised and updated throughout to align with the 2017 APCO/ANS 3.102.2-2017 Core Competencies and Minimum Training Standards for Public Safety Communications Supervisor
- New two-year certification/recertification for the discipline
- New formalized pre-requisites with companion quiz
- New PSC community created for CCS 5
- New final exam
- New practical exercises added to the course
- New PowerPoint aligned with content in CCS 5
- Newly designed textbook in line with other APCO course manuals
Instructors will independently review the updates to the Communications Center Supervisor 5 course and complete a final quiz based on the new material. The instructor must score 80% on the exam. Each instructor will earn 2 CDE's upon successful completion of this course.
CDEs Earned: 2
APCO certified Communications Center Supervisor Instructors must provide proof every two years of 24 hours (12 hours per certification year) of Continuing Dispatch Education (CDE) and 24 hours (12 hours per certification year) of Instructing hours. Complete information on the recertification process is provided at the conclusion of the Communications Center Supervisor, 5th Ed., Version 1 Instructor Update course. Recertification requires ongoing continuing education and teaching.
$95 for 2021 update courses
(No transfers, refunds or cancellations accepted)
Online (web): 3 weeks
Instructors will work at their own pace. The class will remain open for 3 weeks. Instructors should anticipate two (2) hours of commitment to complete this update. Certificates will be issued once class has ended and been closed out.