APCO Institute's Communications Training Officer Course certifies experienced telecommunicators to train and evaluate new trainees in a one-on-one training situation. APCO Institute's CTO Program has been successfully implemented in hundreds of agencies nationwide. Now in its Fourth Edition, the materials are easier to teach and available for your agency instructors.
The Communications Training Officer Instructor Course teaches the best CTOs to teach others. Upon successful completion, the CTO Instructor will be able to train CTOs with APCO Institute materials. CTO Instructors will also be able to help build and maintain the CTO system. In the classroom, the CTO Instructor will explore the important elements of effective CTO programs, and will learn to incorporate these elements into an agency's CTO program.
enrolled in this course will participate in class with those learning to teach
in other disciplines as well. Course content includes general instructional
theory and techniques, as well as specific strategies for teaching APCO’s
Communications Training Officer course.
Upon successful completion, your CTO Instructor will be able to:
- Condensed review of the Communications Training Officer course
- The Instructional Process
- Simulation Design
- Testing and Evaluation
- Utilizing Lesson Plans and Student Materials
- Train new one-on-one trainers in a classroom environment
- Create effective simulations
- Create valid and reliable tests and other evaluation tools based on course objectives
- Understand civil and criminal liability issues as they pertain to the trainer
- Design and use instructional media
- Foster skill development through practical exercise
CDEs Earned: 40
APCO Institute certified agency instructors are required to recertify every two years. Complete information on the recertification process is provided at the conclusion of the Communications Training Officer, Fifth Edition Instructor course. Recertification requires ongoing continuing education and teaching.
* You must be a current Associate, Full or Commercial member to receive member discounts on all courses. Online members receive member discounts on online courses only.
Late fee $25 (applied 10 days prior to course start date)
Tuition includes a comprehensive course manual and all certification fees.
Additional shipping fees may apply for international shipments.
Tuition for live courses does not include travel, lodging, meals or other costs. Online class tuition does not include web access fees or other local internet/web-related costs. Successful students will earn APCO Institute certification.